• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Garth-mania ... now 5 dates in Croker sept 2022

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
So tickets went on sale this morning. It started with 2 dates in Croker, then after 9 a third was added ..

But now look :D

While I remember back then on the band scene, yes we did our fair share of Garth tracks BUT to this day I still dont get the mania. In saying that I would not be a big country fan. It seems almost religious

Will you be going? Have you got your tickets?

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
Tickets went on sale at 8am this morning, with around 300,000 people in the online queue to get their hands on tickets at that stage.

It is a Government plot to identify the monsters in your midst - like the "you have won an i phone" scam used to nab drug dealers etc

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
Keep in mind these are THE ONLY gigs he will be doing in Europe so its not just Irish fans buying tickets.

So ye dubs .. be prepared for an onslaught of all dooz for in errrsss next september :D ...

Now is the time to kit out the barna and rent on AIR BNB :D .. hotel prices are cr---aaa---zz---yyy

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
Residents on CB RTE now .. just not happy at all with the 5, 3 max if at all. So here we go again I imagine

Resident guy said most residents will probably move out when concerts on to leave Brookes make millions off back of Irish people ... ( So I thought, mmm, is that code for we will be renting our properties at a premium .. if you cant beat em join em :D )

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Keep in mind these are THE ONLY gigs he will be doing in Europe so its not just Irish fans buying tickets.

So ye dubs .. be prepared for an onslaught of all dooz for in errrsss next september :D ...

Now is the time to kit out the barna and rent on AIR BNB :D .. hotel prices are cr---aaa---zz---yyy
Paging @Gatsbygirl20. Mr Sands is in the building. Repeat, Mr Sands is in the building.

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
Please STOP

WHO PUT UP THIS OP?

In the long nights after Samhain,--- and indeed for the next freakin' year--- every waking moment will be contaminated by people yelping about this character and his appalling sthtick,... and it won't be safe to turn on the radio...and gangs of grannies who should know better will be wearing stetsons and singing out of tune verses of Low Places to oblige the RTE girl with the microphone.....

And busloads of wild Nordies and fans from Monaghan and those strange troglodytes who follow Declan Nerney---they'll all come blinking into the daylight and start yahooing like total poltroons..

The only place, THE ONLY FREAKIN' PLACE I felt safe was on IPO

No Garth Brooks on IPO, I told myself...

And now.... (falls sobbing onto the floor)

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
Please STOP

WHO PUT UP THIS OP?

In the long nights after Samhain,--- and indeed for the next freakin' year--- every waking moment will be contaminated by people yelping about this character and his appalling sthtick,... and it won't be safe to turn on the radio...and gangs of grannies who should know better will be wearing stetsons and singing out of tune verses of Low Places to oblige the RTE girl with the microphone.....

And busloads of wild Nordies and fans from Monaghan and those strange troglodytes who follow Declan Nerney---they'll all come blinking into the daylight and start yahooing like total poltroons..

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
Please STOP

WHO PUT UP THIS OP?

It is cruel and unusual.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Ah yeah .. this lot will definitely be attending :D

Well that's just lost them several million in precast sales as far as I'm concerned.

takes out supplier list and strikes a big black line through Shay Murtagh

Jaysus

Sep 6, 2021
We love ya, Gareth!

🎶I could have missed the pain, but I’d’ve had to miss…the-uh-uh, dance.🎶

Shaadi

Feb 16, 2019
The man makes wailing sounds, some people love that stuff. I preferred his Chris Gaines alter-ego whining to the "real" Garth.

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
Between him and Adele it's f** depressing.
Not to derail, but what is it about that diva that has the world grovelling at her feet?

I'm sure she is ok in her own way, but what's with this tantrum-throwing and being interviewed by Oprah and causing someone on television to be sacked because Adele stormed out of the studio in a huff when he admitted he hadn't heard her new song?

Jaysus

Sep 6, 2021
Not to derail, but what is it about that diva that has the world grovelling at her feet?

I'm sure she is ok in her own way, but what's with this tantrum-throwing and being interviewed by Oprah and causing someone on television to be sacked because Adele stormed out of the studio in a huff when he admitted he hadn't heard her new song?
And she’s a Tottenham supporter.

Crucify her, I say!

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com

Still, at least she flounced rather than sitting on and being a total arse, like Samuel L. Jackson when the Interviewer mixed him up with Laurence Fishburne

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
Still, at least she flounced rather than sitting on and being a total arse, like Samuel L. Jackson when the Interviewer mixed him up with Laurence Fishburne
I I didn't see the interview and know nothing about the interviewer in question..

But why should an interviewer lose his job because Adele throws a wobbly and storms off when she finds out he hasn't heard her new album?

The whole world must now grovel at the feet of Saint Adele

The pinnacle of her career was the Oprah interview

The whole thing seems to have gone to her head.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home

Isn't her latest song a clone of all her other songs?

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
I I didn't see the interview and know nothing about the interviewer in question..

But why should an interviewer lose his job because Adele throws a wobbly and storms off when she finds out he hasn't heard her new album?

She is creating her own legend!

Jaysus

Sep 6, 2021

🎶You’re gonna wish you
Never had met me.
Tears are gonna fall.
Rollin’ in the deep.🎶

Nov 29, 2018
Please STOP

WHO PUT UP THIS OP?

After sitting in an online queue for what seemed like days, I started at 69677 in the queue, I successfully completed my task. Two tickets, for the 4th concert, almost €200 with postage, admin fees, etc.

Now waiting to see how many other tickets, the extended family and random acquaintances who were also assigned the same task, have been bought.

Mind you my niece, I blame the influence of the culchie partner, is such a fan if there are tickets for all four, she will go to all four.

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
After sitting in an online queue for what seemed like days, I started at 69677 in the queue, I successfully completed my task. Two tickets, for the 4th concert, almost €200 with postage, admin fees, etc.

Now waiting to see how many other tickets, the extended family and random acquaintances who were also assigned the same task, have been bought.

Mind you my niece, I blame the influence of the culchie partner, is such a fan if there are tickets for all four, she will go to all four.
Now, ETLOT, you can be our IPO representative at the concerts

We will await uploaded photos of Garth gambolling and capering around the stage.....loads of middle aged culchies out of their heads clapping on the off beat, singing out of tune and slurping tequila from plastic beakers

I will be back on the drink by then, and will be feelin' no pain...

So I'll take the whole thing in my stride...no bother...

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com

We will await uploaded photos of Garth gambolling and capering around the stage.....loads of middle aged culchies out of their heads clapping on the off beat, singing out of tune and slurping tequila from plastic beakers

Presumably COVID precautions will mean no throwing bloomers onto the stage?

Nov 29, 2018

Hell no, pink cowboy hats and boots don't suit me but it sounds like you, back on the booze, would be in your element. Will keep you in mind for the spare tickets.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.

I don't know any of that stuff, I judge her on her so called music which is afukkenpalling.
Some of my musical heroes Bowie, Reed, Neil Young, John Lennon, Iggy Pop, Peter Hook, John Lydon were less than amicable buffers. Not to mention the infamously cantankerous Morrison.

Neil Young once sacked Stephen Stills one of his very best friends by Fax because he didn't think he was worth aphone call.

Stephen excused it by saying that's Neil following his Muse. That's Neil being a complete #### if you ask me.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
It was ME :D

Now now .. its legit, the post is under entertainment

.. but then Im from Cork Like .. we will be sending many many up to ye to be sure :D
It's only entertainment if you're laughing at him.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
I had to Google that Sheeran fellow, apparently he is doing an 8 night stadium tour of Ireland, 2 each in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Belfast. He's not setting foot in Connacht. So he's prolly not as thick as he looks.

Top Bottom