• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Music

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
He's back.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
So .. early 90s Clubbing .. here is a new retro track back to those days .. love that piano line running through it

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
It's his birthday.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
Big Neil young fan here .. have most of his alums on VINYL. Including ON THE BEACH ( the album, below title track ) which I particularly like. Got that lovely analog warm sound, and that nice simple warm guitar solo bits ( essentially a Blues track / 3 chord trick ):

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
And lets not forget PRE all this was the great BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD which had Stephen stills and Neil Young ( who is soloing at 1.49 in this vid ). Of course ye know this one, great track

And where some of Neils early tracks were born inc this:

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
And lets not forget PRE all this was the great BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD which had Stephen stills and Neil Young ( who is soloing at 1.49 in this vid ). Of course ye know this one, great track

And where some of Neils early tracks were born inc this:

I have that album on vinyl.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018
I have that album on vinyl.
Me too :D

Got big into Young, Springfield, CSNY back in 80s .. in college bands etc playing this stuff along with the Smiths, Echo and the Bunny men, Hendrix etc. Never into the beatles, got fed up of them because that was all one played while learning guitar :D .. more stones

Norman Bates

You thought I was nice...
Dec 10, 2018
DublinBayS
It got worse - I saw him in the Apollo Theatre Glasgow in the days when he was wearing the leopard skin outfits!
Like Scotland's answer to Beth Lynch .... I was in house share with a fellow who played Maggie May morning, noon and night .... I hate that song...sorry Rod, I know it's not your fault ...

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
Like Scotland's answer to Beth Lynch .... I was in house share with a fellow who played Maggie May morning, noon and night .... I hate that song...sorry Rod, I know it's not your fault ...
He was so talented - great singer with Jeff Beck , great with the Faces and some wonderful solo albums.

Top Bottom