• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

POTUS Joe Biden.

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
[MOD] - sometimes a moderator will unapprove a post so that the moderator team can decide whether to leave it, edit it, ask the poster to edit it or delete it.
And for the first few posts a newly joined member will be pre-moderated - to avoid spamming or troublemaking. If the Posts are unacceptable then they will not appear on the site. [/MOD]

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
And... breathe.

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018

One wonders will it be a new day or more of the same old corporate Democrat schtuff.

On the one hand it's great to see the back of the current incumbent, on the other Iraq and Syria are about to get twitchy.

All shall be revealed.

Yes, Trump is gone, although no doubt he will still "give good media", and the Senate trial will take up a certain amount of bandwidth, and will be a distraction.

But the focus now must be on the new administration--its faults and achievements

I am not greatly impressed by Biden so far, tbh,---but he has rid the country of Trump, a great achievement

I hope Biden does well. It will be interesting to see how America moves forward in the post-Trump era.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
She sounds like Philomena Begley

But she looks gorgeous---what an outfit...
She's nowhere near as good as Philomena Begley; a sentence I never thought I'd write in my entire life.

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
She's nowhere near as good as Philomena Begley; a sentence I never thought I'd write in my entire life.
But with all those oldies, and poor old Biden dressed in black, and that morose old pastor giving that dull speech....the thing needs a bit of colour and flamboyance...

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
I suppose the more urgent of Biden's tasks must be to control and eradicate the pandemic, side-by-side with rebuilding the American economy. But, after that, I think one of the most urgent things he must do is to reform the police. Vetting must be better as must be the way they go about their business, so that guns are not the first reaction to every crime or misdemeanor.

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
That African American pastor giving the blessing is the best of all...

Beautiful voice, full of both music and gravitas...

Nice words too

Love the shades...sort of Black Panther-ish

Derryman

Feb 17, 2019
Derry
Yes, Trump is gone, although no doubt he will still "give good media", and the Senate trial will take up a certain amount of bandwidth, and will be a distraction.

But the focus now must be on the new administration--its faults and achievements

I am not greatly impressed by Biden so far, tbh,---but he has rid the country of Trump, a great achievement

I hope Biden does well. It will be interesting to see how America moves forward in the post-Trump era.
I was greatly impressed with Obama, and that progressed to great disappointment.

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
I was greatly impressed with Obama, and that progressed to great disappointment.
Obama was wading through treacle - he was never going to be able to achieve anything significant - Biden’s main task is to try and get past the tensions and resentments left after the Trump era.

Zen

Dec 5, 2020
A brief pause for the nicities and the battle will recommence. Not as frantic or as mega phone style, but Biden's nice words won't change a thing. The best he can do is get things started.

Bill

Mar 9, 2019
Livin' La Veda Lockdown
A brief pause for the nicities and the battle will recommence. Not as frantic or as mega phone style, but Biden's nice words won't change a thing. The best he can do is get things started.
McConnell is gone , the senate won't be a legislative graveyard. Biden has planned a number of orders/memos and is sending an imigration reform bill to congress today, so we won't have to wait long to see how things are shaping up.

Nov 27, 2018
Obama's foreign policy record was shameful.
It's the USA. Having a shameful foreign policy record is the rule, not the exception. Manifest Destiny and all that. And the fact that you need to escalate conflict to sell more weapons, and the US makes a lot of weapons.

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
It's the USA. Having a shameful foreign policy record is the rule, not the exception. Manifest Destiny and all that. And the fact that you need to escalate conflict to sell more weapons, and the US makes a lot of weapons.
I see it was one of Trump’s self proclaimed successes that he didn’t start any foreign wars. That was indeed a good thing - and it happened because of the internecine struggles in the Trump administration and the domestic policies

Nov 27, 2018
I see it was one of Trump’s self proclaimed successes that he didn’t start any foreign wars. That was indeed a good thing - and it happened because of the internecine struggles in the Trump administration and the domestic policies
IMO, it happened because, financially, the US simply couldn't afford to continue with its imperialist expansion (i.e. "bringing freedom"). It wasn't any kind of a choice on Trump's part.

Derryman

Feb 17, 2019
Derry
of course not - but anybody who thought he would completely turn round the USA was living in cloud cuckoo land . Expectations were impossibly high
And achievements disappointingly low.
He achieved little more than a caretaking role would have done.
His 8 years went some way to paving the road of Trumps rise.

Top Bottom