• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Questions and answers about how things work here.

Nov 28, 2018
The Lakeland Kingdom
you should have been notified that your post was moved, as were a number of others. Perhaps the mod who did the modding forgot to tick the notify box. You'll see how it works in a minute.
So can you please clarify why refering to republican terrorism apologists getting their panties in a twist when the nua narrative is shown to be makey up sh1te, is contrary to the Rules? Thanks...

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
So can you please clarify why refering to republican terrorism apologists getting their panties in a twist when the nua narrative is shown to be makey up sh1te, is contrary to the Rules? Thanks...
I suggest you peruse the rules further.. A number of people were moved to handbagging on that thread, not just you. Since i didn't move them, I'm not discussing it any further, nor being drawn into a tedious argument about the rules.

Nov 28, 2018
The Lakeland Kingdom
I suggest you peruse the rules further.. A number of people were moved to handbagging on that thread, not just you. Since i didn't move them, I'm not discussing it any further, nor being drawn into a tedious argument about the rules.
I doubt the rules cover my specific question, and as no notification was received there is no other mod to tediously ask how things work about here on the how things work about here Fred....

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
I doubt the rules cover my specific question, and as no notification was received there is no other mod to tediously ask how things work about here on the how things work about here Fred....
OK let me spell it out for you. Several people had posts moved, not just you. Including some you have claimed are "republican terrorist supporters." Now, drop the mope act. It's becoming tiresome.

Nov 28, 2018
The Lakeland Kingdom
OK let me spell it out for you. Several people had posts moved, not just you. Including some you have claimed are "republican terrorist supporters." Now, drop the mope act. It's becoming tiresome.
Did I? Can you tell me who I labeled as such? Perhaps you could give some consideration to what was actually said and perhaps I could be enlightened as to why it was unacceptable, because believe it or not I am actually making some small effort to comply with them, thank you....

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Did I? Can you tell me who I labeled as such? Perhaps you could give some consideration to what was actually said and perhaps I could be enlightened as to why it was unacceptable, because believe it or not I am actually making some small effort to comply with them, thank you....
Like I said, probably best if you stop this now.

ted08

Jan 7, 2019
Why was my post moved? Who did I handbags? Are republican terrorism apologists deemed nor to exist? Are they deemed beyond criticism as a group?
Another poster started it off, they got banned, 3 other posters got their follow on comments sent to the zoo, including yours. Get over it.

Nov 28, 2018
The Lakeland Kingdom
Nov 28, 2018
The Lakeland Kingdom
Nope i didn't get clarification, I asked which post was off topic after the mod notice and I asked why I had received no notification of any posts been moved having previously told that it was standard practice to receive such.

I also asked if I was banned for an off topic post after the mod notification why were none of my post since said notification removed?

remember all that chat about not being p.ie? Well perhaps you could deal with a few requests for clarification instead of closing ranks and telling people to fvck off, and if this gets me banned it will only prove my point, nitey nite...

Kongming

Mar 13, 2019
I'm having difficulty posting images....or anything else from the toolbar in the text box.

Kongming

Mar 13, 2019
Sometimes it's copyright. Sometimes the image is too big. Try downloading the image and inserting it that way.
Thanks for the response, but my issue is the toolbar just isn't responding...for anything. Bold, Underline, Links....I must've inadvertently disabled it somehow.

Kongming

Mar 13, 2019
The "Shinner ditches Brits out" thread doesn't show up on the front page for me, yet I get notifications that someone has responded to it. What's that all about, then?

D

Deleted member 52

The "Shinner ditches Brits out" thread doesn't show up on the front page for me, yet I get notifications that someone has responded to it. What's that all about, then?
It could have been closed temporarily for a bit of cleaning maintenance, dusting, turning down the bed and putting a mint on the pillow.

Or maybe you mistakenly hit the "Ignore Thread" button (I have done this sometimes when I use my phone), If you have done this, get into the thread by clicking on a comment you made in the thread (in "My Content") and then deselect "Ignore Thread".

Kongming

Mar 13, 2019
Can someone with the requisite technical knowledge please help me understand how I, a mere poster, can remove other posters', ahem, "trolling posts"?

Also, the Mention feature where you put the "@" in front of a username ain't working for me....meaning I don't get notified if someone "@s" me.

I applaud your efforts to take on board the suggestions made in this OP:

Be better still if ye'd let us know who exactly issued the infraction, but I suppose....

Top Bottom