• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Radicals and Generals

ast

Dec 15, 2018
Boogieland
Perhaps the most important defining characteristic of political radicalism of the semantically orthodox kind is that it has a history of provoking fateful authoritarian reaction that did prove unhelpful to its world domination status to date, resulted in its confinement to the margins in most polities, and accessorily often left quite a mess. As in its classic interpretation it is not the most consistent idealogy ever to have kissed Gaia's face, the culprits then usually did call it a day and job done.

The thread is intended to address the redemption of these misdeeds and to alert to the outstandings of such wickedness or beyond. Whereby the expectation that fascination for the complex will seem esoteric nurtures a nagging suspicion that it will result in a low bandwith monologue.

Before proceeding to specifics i owe a housekeeping rumination to bystanders of all confessions. At the back of the head there is a nifty organ called the cerebellum. Mine is on order to attempt to keep a little pattern on the watch out for the spiritual wellbeing of those who might read. Also up is the good auld matter of doll's diet, and i'm gonna go full Thunberg offensive and leave the Holocaust and Biafra alone for now, but call the Irish Famine to the rescue. And trade that for nice dolls.

This to put the above cerebellar pattern off balance hencewith for reason of superior ideological concern, and keeping fingers crossed its not a full knock out.

"The main body should contain a link"

Enter the Infamous Decade in Argentina and the 1962 French election. There are others that a bit of a low and lazy feel keep me from remembering at the moment.

Last edited:

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
I would put my faith in Generals, rather than politicians, if pressed.

With the caveat that the Generals must be trained under the rigour of the western military academies.

And the further caveat, that I'm a bit pissed at the mo.

Nov 27, 2018
I'd always lean toward focusing on the specific rather than the general.

Reactions: ast

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
There’s a lot to be said for just opening up the Id ( in a safe environment, like this) and just letting it all out.
Redemption of the Argentine Generals?I hope not. Which French election in 1962?

I think we’re all agreed about the Irish Famine, “low lie the fields of Athenry”.

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
I would think that the military would be the last thing anyone would want in charge of a country. More Power in the hands of less people = More abuse of that power.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
Cheers.

(i made an effort to find the lyrics despite better presentiment)
Now I know what my father was hearing when he described what was coming out of the speakers as noise.

Anyway, what did you think of Trevelyan? Would you say he was more concerned with modernising the Irish economy and testing new free-market principles than the starving Irish or that he wilfully favoured genocide?

Last edited:

milipod

Nov 27, 2018
Stepaside
Now I know what my father was hearing when he described what was coming out of the speakers as noise.
when I lived with my parents I was playing PIL in my room my father knocked on my door and said what the fuck is that.

ast

Dec 15, 2018
Boogieland

Anyway, what did you think of Trevelyan? Would you say he was more concerned with modernising the Irish economy and testing new free-market principles than the starving Irish or that he wilfully favoured genocide?

For starters so little apparently that i had to look him up, and quite possibly again.

Not the only thing i had to, and this one had a good link

that in turn had something else to look up, which so far i have not

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
This is fairly random stuff:

So good movie, I enjoyed it

ast

Dec 15, 2018
Boogieland
when I lived with my parents I was playing PIL in my room my father knocked on my door and said what the fuck is that.
A customary amount of sleep had first indications to offer. :)

Elvis agony?

"Un râle d'auvergnat"? (Victor Hugo quote)

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
There’s a lot to be said for just opening up the Id ( in a safe environment, like this) and just letting it all out.
Redemption of the Argentine Generals?I hope not. Which French election in 1962?

I think we’re all agreed about the Irish Famine, “low lie the fields of Athenry”.
This argument is so compelling in its clarity and profundity that few would disagree with it. Amazing.

Top Bottom