• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Sports: The place for discussing all the sportsing that's going on.

• Thread starter Deleted member 36
  • Start date
  • Replies 5K
  • Views 72K

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
[Mod] FFS - we have asked nicely that people discuss sporting events. Politics and controversies don't belong on this thread.[/Mod]

Post 631

This thread is surely for discussing the sports events themselves, not associated issues, political or otherwise.

Can we keep it as a haven for events - if people want to discuss other issues around sports, then they should start OPs, and bearing in mind why this site was started, try to keep the OPs sensible and respectful?

Otherwise the mod team will have to start infracting people

D

Deleted member 36

Soccer, GAA, Rugby (union or league - we don't discriminate), maybe a bit of the pugilistic contests, the odd golfist....

Blanco

Nov 28, 2018
Anyone watching the big world championship chess match , according to Sky News 1/3 of the Norwegian population are glued to it on their state TV station.

Their man who is a superstar over there has pulled into a two game lead where as up to now the players could not be separated as they have played out a 12 - 12 draw since they started playing at the start of the month.

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
This is bizarre

Probe launched as Irish football club fakes death of player

An Irish soccer club has sparked the strangest scandal of the year after it emerged a senior member of management had faked the death of a player.

Ballybrack FC was due to play Arklow on Saturday but the match was postponed after a member of their management team contacted the Leinster Senior League to tell them club member Fernando La Fuente had died in a traffic accident on his way home from training on Thursday night.

With other clubs in the league wearing black bands and holding a minute's silence before matches, as well as offering condolences as a sign of respect to the bereaved club, the League quickly became suspicious when they were told the player's body had already been flown back to his native Spain when they asked for details on his funeral.
Turns out the Chap was working in Galway

Awaitingname

Nov 28, 2018
Soccer? Pure Shyte sir.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
COYS

D

Deleted member 36

Derby weekend for a few teams. Merseyside, Norf London, West London....

Chelsea seem the only obvious favourites.

Spurs will be confident after their last two results, while Arsenal have struggled. However, the passion and emotion involved in this one could see some surprises. Xhaka's sending off won't be one of them.

Everton will wonder which Liverpool will show up; the one that seemingly scores for fun, or the more defensive side.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Derby weekend for a few teams. Merseyside, Norf London, West London....

Chelsea seem the only obvious favourites.

Spurs will be confident after their last two results, while Arsenal have struggled. However, the passion and emotion involved in this one could see some surprises. Xhaka's sending off won't be one of them.

Everton will wonder which Liverpool will show up; the one that seemingly scores for fun, or the more defensive side.
Regarding the Merseyside Derby, I imagine the former Liverpool will turn up as klopp is calling for a reaction to the psg defeat.

D

Deleted member 19

What has happened to Salah this season? Was last year just a one off? I never rated him highly when he was at Chelsea or Roma - and was amazed at how good he was last season, but he has been decidedly average for a few months now.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Top of my agenda this afternoon is the Ulster Club Football final. Gaoth Dobhair look to be the coming team, though Scotstown showed a not inconsiderable amount of steel in coming back to beat Coleraine with a last minute score in the semi final.

D

Deleted member 36

Lost a lot of respect for the normally classy Son for that dive....and of course, Mike Dean shows his true colours awarding the peno.

D

Deleted member 36

That Tottenham quality is really starting to show now.

D

Deleted member 36

It's happened again
It's happened aga-ain.
Tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again.

D

Deleted member 36

35 mins in and Everton are well and truly in this one.

Both keepers doing well so far.

Nov 28, 2018
96th minute, and the England number one does this...

https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1543774039
All he had to do was to let it out of play and it was game over.....
Thankfully, from my point of view, he didn't.......:p
Everton deserved a point though...
I know of one unemployed Scouse blue who'll be lashing out after that one...............

[Mod]Please do not carry over arguments from other forums[/Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colm

Administrator
Nov 26, 2018
As much as it hates me to say it, Liverpool is the only team capable of giving City a run for their money.

My club is still playing in the gutter.

Neveragain

Nov 28, 2018
All he had to do was to let it out of play and it was game over.....
Thankfully, from my point of view, he didn't.......:p
Everton deserved a point though...
I know of one unemployed Scouse blue who'll be lashing out after that one...............
Ah is it yourself horse?
Liverpool have about as much chance of winning the premiership as Maureen's crew on that performence.
Never mind, they might win the Europa league if they manage to avoid Chelsea and the gooners.:cool:

standard

IPO Supporter
Nov 27, 2018
I thought that Liverpool goal and gone over the line, if you look at its position on the bat.

I am just happy Chelsea won.

Dec 5, 2018
Entertaining game with United and Arsenal.

Really low-quality match but that low quality helped make it somewhat entertaining in certain parts.

Still a crap result for both teams really. United didn't deserve to win but needed to really. Arsenal didn't need to win but they should have on the balance of play.

Same shit really despite a more positive start to the match (first ten minutes).

Not sure how the result or the performance deserves any plaudits. Was pretty grim from a United perspective. Honestly would only give Dalot, Herrera, Martial any pats on the back for that performance. So many poor performances in there.

Top Bottom