• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Strange things afoot at BBCNI

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
The BBCNI presenter, Donna Traynor, has resigned from the BBC with immediate effect after 33 years on our screens. There is an employment tribunal ongoing, so details are scarce.

Ms Traynor courted controversy a decade ago over her refusal to wear a poppy in the two weeks leading up to remembrance day, contrary to BBC policy, and often disappears from the screen at the beginning of November. The timing of her resignation may however just be coincidence.

BBCNI has been plagued recently by accusations of bullying and in house politicking.

“I knew they’d ask the BBC for a reference even though I had been forced out in difficult circumstances and forced to sign a gagging order against my will.

“I was told I’d performed outstandingly well at the interview and was best-placed of any of the candidates who were in for the job.”

However, she did not get the job.

“Sometime later, in 2019, I was accidentally copied in to an email exchange between two officials of the organisation I had applied to join in which one wrote about me to the other using just three shocking words: ‘She is mental’.

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Serious accusations too have been levelled against Steven Nolan for facilitating an over representation of some extreme voices. However he is suing quite a number of people for suggesting anything further.

Derryman

Feb 17, 2019
Derry
Serious accusations too have been levelled against Steven Nolan for facilitating an over representation of some extreme voices. However he is suing quite a number of people for suggesting anything further.
Like this.

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Like this.

He hasn’t touched Tim McKaine yet though. Tim appears to have statistics to back up his arguments on Nolan’s, shall we say, interests in who gets on the show. Interesting that.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Like this.

Pasterjimberoo wasn't a SF supporter by any stretch of the imagination.

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Pasterjimberoo wasn't a SF supporter by any stretch of the imagination.
Eddie Barrett of Kerry is the latest to befall Nolan’s large legal shadow.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
'Tis someone in the 26 counties. Kerry, I believe.

Two fucks will probably be given.
That might well backfire. Paul Tweed makes his money in Belfast where the laws are designed to aid the moneyed and powerful win these actions. Dublin is an altogether different prospect.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
Eddie Barrett of Kerry is the latest to befall Nolan’s large legal shadow.

If the linked article is to be believed Mr. Barrett did describe Mr. Nolan in somewhat colourful terms. Goebbels eh? Unpleasant and all as Mr. Nolan is in appearance, intellect and demanour he could well be on to a winner here.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
If the linked article is to be believed Mr. Barrett did describe Mr. Nolan in somewhat colourful terms. Goebbels eh? Unpleasant and all as Mr. Nolan is in appearance, intellect and demanour he could well be on to a winner here.
My own feeling entirely. The laws of libel aren't suspended for those one doesn't like.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
If if asked by the NIO to be involved in an authorised history of The Troubles Diramid Ferriter would tell them to get stuffed:

Any news on the employment tribunal?
According to a "BBC insider" it relates to agree discrimination.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
What exactly is this insider saying? I don't see how age discrimination works in this case.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
What exactly is this insider saying? I don't see how age discrimination works in this case.
It's not a new concept in the BBC or other broadcasters. Basically older female talent gets shuffled off to the radio and replaced with younger versions, while their male counterparts go on and on.

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.
It's not a new concept in the BBC or other broadcasters. Basically older female talent gets shuffled off to the radio and replaced with younger versions, while their male counterparts go on and on.
I see hadn't thought of that

Top Bottom