• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

The Brexit thread

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
[MOD] Can I remind you of some site rules, ones that are been broken so often on this thread that I don't have time to address them all individually?

• Tweets and videos should be accompanied by a brief description and if necessary a time line as outlined in the OP section.
  • If a video forms part of an OP (or ordinary post), the OP (or post) shall clearly set out the content which is relevant to the thread, and shall provide times of the relevant section of the video.
From here on in, I'm inclined to just delete offending posts.[/MOD]

[MOD2] Consider this a gentle reminder also of the proper use of names. We've noticed a lot of use of the term "the Brits" being used. Whilst this is generally not being used in a derogatory or pejorative way, it can be perceived to be both, so please avoid using it. Alternative, non-contentious terms can be used, eg The British, HMG, UKG, Westminster, etc., etc. We don't want to have to unnecessarily remove otherwise informative or incisive posts, but we will start doing so. [/MOD2]

Last edited by a moderator:

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home

Derryman

Feb 17, 2019
Derry

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
Did you see this on the same thread.

Marina Purkiss (@MarinaPurkiss) Tweeted: I keep seeing new clips Thinking they can’t get worse They do Wait for it… https://t.co/51nE68125y

I'd say she and her fellow Brexiteer Tories would love to be able to control Channel 4 news and current affairs programmes like Dispatches .......

May 21, 2021
Did you see this on the same thread.

Marina Purkiss (@MarinaPurkiss) Tweeted: I keep seeing new clips Thinking they can’t get worse They do Wait for it… https://t.co/51nE68125y

Also Nadine Dorries today...

Who'd have thought a charlatan project led by a bunch of charlatans leading to a government of charlatans could go so badly.

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Those damned Jerries -

The new German government has fired a warning shot at Boris Johnson to expect retaliation if he breaks the Brexit deal for Northern Ireland.

The warning came as Mr Johnson restated his readiness to suspend the deal by invoking Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol, in a phone call with Irish counterpart Micheal Martin.

A three-way German coalition agreement – installing Olaf Scholz of the Social Democrats as Angela Merkel’s replacement – backs “countermeasures” if the UK fails to abide by its obligations.

It commits Berlin to “a common European policy towards the United Kingdom” and to “seek close bilateral cooperation within this framework”.

But it adds: “We insist on full compliance with the agreements that have been concluded, in particular with regard to the Northern Ireland Protocol and the Good Friday Agreement.

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member

im axeled

Feb 21, 2019
300,000 eu workers have left the uk in the past two years, willl the be replaced

seanof

Nov 27, 2018
300,000 eu workers have left the uk in the past two years, willl the be replaced
Yes. Net migration from Britain now and not enough people to do necessary work. Most foreigners with a viable alternative want to get the hell out. Yet the British are virulently opposed to allowing admission to the relatively tiny number of people who risk their lives to enter their miserable country via the sea from France.

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Yes. Net migration from Britain now and not enough people to do necessary work. Most foreigners with a viable alternative want to get the hell out. Yet the British are virulently opposed to allowing admission to the relatively tiny number of people who risk their lives to enter their miserable country via the sea from France.
I thought Patel's elite jetski blade runners had sorted that?

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
two more uk energy companys have gone broke, entice and orbit have ceased trading
Here in Ireland, I have an account with Glowpower - and have received a barrage of emails and texts (from them) suggesting that I should leave them for a better deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that they have ceased trading.

Perhaps others in the Irish market may be in a similar position?

Top Bottom