• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

The Donald Trump Thread

ted08

Jan 7, 2019
At an estimated 205,000 deaths, covid is the 4th deadliest killer of Americans. Has long passed Vietnam of 60,000 dead and World War 1 of 116,000 dead. At present, covid is the 4th deadliest killer.

3rd is WW2 with 405,000 dead.
2nd is the American Civil War with 620,000 dead.
1st is the Spanish flu of a century ago with 675,000 dead.

That puts this thing in context and Trump is actively exacerbating the death toll, with health experts and their advice being touted as enemies.

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
At an estimated 205,000 deaths, covid is the 4th deadliest killer of Americans. Has long passed Vietnam of 60,000 dead and World War 1 of 116,000 dead. At present, covid is the 4th deadliest killer.

3rd is WW2 with 405,000 dead.
2nd is the American Civil War with 620,000 dead.
1st is the Spanish flu of a century ago with 675,000 dead.

That puts this thing in context and Trump is actively exacerbating the death toll, with health experts and their advice being touted as enemies.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ted08

Jan 7, 2019
Yep, worth reminding what this guy actually is, a dodgy developer. What could possibly go wrong with electing a scam merchant as president in 2016...

It's actually important that he loses badly and brings down the GOP with him, to serve as a reminder in the future.

Nov 27, 2018
Just noticed (or rather reminded) who started this thread initially.

I’d guess that it’s a username that has completely imploded at this stage of the game.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Now it starts getting interesting. Note the 'without comment'. Seems like appointing 'your' people to the SC guarantees nothing.

The OD

Mar 26, 2019
Given that only 55% of his fanbase want him in 2024, I suspect it may be all over for Trump.

I just realised in that graphic that there is a mystery new challenger to Trumpism.

Who is this mystery man, Ron Desnatis? A nom de plum of someone we might already know? Just cannot think who it might be?

Prof Honeydew

Nov 28, 2018
I just realised in that graphic that there is a mystery new challenger to Trumpism.

Who is this mystery man, Ron Desnatis? A nom de plum of someone we might already know? Just cannot think who it might be?
Ron DeSantis, Governor of Florida. As well as as being unable to speak coherently, it appears Republicans Who Rant are also incapable of spelling their own names.

A bit of bio on this perfectly-formed reactionary from Central Casting who ticks just about every box dear to the Proud Boy retards who stormed Congress in January.

Perhaps his outstanding achievement so far was his handling of COVID.

According to public health experts, politics dictated the response to COVID-19 in Florida, rather than science. DeSantis rejected the implementation of a statewide face mask mandate, belatedly implemented stay-at-home orders, and let his stay-at-home order implemented in April expire. In July 2020, as Florida had become a global epicenter of the coronavirus, with nearly 5,800 deaths, DeSantis had largely sidelined health experts and scientists, with The Washington Post reporting that DeSantis primarily relied on his wife, a former television reporter, and his chief of staff, a former hospital executive.
For a governor of the state that has developed the hanging chad into an art form, DeSantis's interest in restricting voting rights doesn't surprise'

DeSantis instructed Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody to investigate allegations of voter fraud perpetrated by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg after he had announced a $16 million investment to pay off the financial obligations for felons so they may vote ahead of the 2020 presidential election in Florida. The allegations asserted Bloomberg had broken the law by offering incentives to vote.
After the 2020 elections, DeSantis and other Republicans proposed changes to voting laws in Florida to limit voting by mail. The change was notable given that Republicans had traditionally voted more by mail than Democrats, but Democrats outvoted Republicans by mail in the 2020 elections.
Maybe it's inspired by scraping home on a majority of 0.4% in his 2018 And just as maybe, his straw poll showing could have been helped by his support (for the moment, anyway) for the bimbo dreams of Princess Ivanka to be elected US Senator for Florida in 2022. Then again, he could just as easily have found a better Twitter tweaker than Pompeo, Cruz ad all the other no-hopers hoping to win the Flaky Fake Party's nomination in 2024 ahead of the Emperor of Orange.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
The best summary of that speech I've seen.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Tis just gets more and more interesting.

Robutnua

Nov 28, 2018

He is back ... Trump has started a new blog type platform today with his musings:

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018

He is back ... Trump has started a new blog type platform today with his musings:

How anyone can read that childish twaddle and still support the man is hard to understand.

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
How anyone can read that childish twaddle and still support the man is hard to understand.
He reminds me of Mussolini - Make Italy Great Again, Grandiose ideas but little achieved. Trump without the hair would likely look like him as well

Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day
Donald Trump probably feels that way after the "stolen" election :D

milipod

Nov 27, 2018
Stepaside
He reminds me of Mussolini - Make Italy Great Again, Grandiose ideas but little achieved. Trump without the hair would likely look like him as well

Donald Trump probably feels that way after the "stolen" election :D
He pulls the same faces morto.

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
There’s a rather bizarre headline in there.

https://www.45office.com/news/icymi-europes-vax-disaster-shows-trump-uks-bojo-got-biggest-covid-challenge-right

Yet no mention of it again, does he even realise that Bojo is a derogatory term for Johnson?
There's very little that Trump understands. As a con man, he does, however understand that you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. That's all a con man needs to know. And he learned that without any help from Abraham Lincoln.

Statsman

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
He's still off Facebook.

Ó Gabhainn

Mar 12, 2019
What's the story with this pic?

I've seen this comment on Facebook before numerous times but it just came to mind there: I saw this picture and found it so impressing that I showed it to my family and friends. They showed it to their families and friends and we have arranged to meet in the local town hall to discuss it. On the whole, this has been very good for my community.

Top Bottom