• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

The Donald Trump Thread

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
A worthwhile long read for ye

After the first paragraph, I had to check the heading to make sure it wasn’t a satirical website.

God only knows where the nonsense – and the perpetrators – will end.

Trump's attempts to form an autocracy seem to have no end, as more and more evidence emerges.

Trump Pressed Justice Dept. to Declare Election Results Corrupt

Last edited:

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com

So - Congress can coerce Twitter - I see, said the blind man

In the court filing, Trump argued Twitter allowed the Taliban to tweet regularly about their military victories across Afghanistan, but censored him during his presidency by labeling his tweets as "misleading information" or indicating they violated the company's rules against "glorifying violence."

In July Trump sued Twitter, Facebook Inc and Alphabet Inc's Google, as well as their chief executives, alleging they unlawfully silence conservative viewpoints.

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
Meanwhile the former president and his minions continue their assault on democracy. The partisan "audit" in Arizona's Maricopa County, found that Trump lost by even more than had been thought, but still they go on. The only thing which can stop this is the repugnance of decent Americans who now have to stop voting for the Republican party until they clear out the mad people, and send Trump into the wilderness.

EXPLAINER: as Arizona Election 'Audit' Ends, New Ones Begin

Trump Supporters Are Calling For More Audits After Arizona Proved Biden Won The Election (Again)

midlander12

Dec 4, 2018
Meanwhile the former president and his minions continue their assault on democracy. The partisan "audit" in Arizona's Maricopa County, found that Trump lost by even more than had been thought, but still they go on. The only thing which can stop this is the repugnance of decent Americans who now have to stop voting for the Republican party until they clear out the mad people, and send Trump into the wilderness.

EXPLAINER: as Arizona Election 'Audit' Ends, New Ones Begin

Trump Supporters Are Calling For More Audits After Arizona Proved Biden Won The Election (Again)
What was that definition of insanity again....?

As for the decent ones who need to stop voting for the GOP, if they are still voting for them, the word 'decent' is not applicable. The grim fact is that 45-47% of the American electorate are either supporters or enablers of hardcore fascism.

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
Just a reminder of how brainwashed some people in the USA are right now. Jordan Klepper takes another look at a celebration of Trumpism.

Ó Gabhainn

Mar 12, 2019
This one is a Trumper….

Good reply here……

For a lot of these people trying to influence others, it's just about throwing stuff at the wall. There are enough thick people out there that some of it'll stick.

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
The whole family is classy:

Donald Trump Jr has begun selling merchandise that mocks Alec Baldwin, who fatally shot a cinematographer during an on-set incident last week.

Mr Trump has been sharing several Instagram photos and stories since Thursday’s tragic film set incident in New Mexico, where Mr Baldwin was filming Rust outside Santa Fe.

One of the latest stories showed a T-shirt with the words: “Guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people”. The Instagram story had a link to Mr Trump’s online website, where the T-shirt is being sold for $27.99 (£20.34).

Bonkers

Feb 15, 2019

Donald Trump Jr has begun selling merchandise that mocks Alec Baldwin, who fatally shot a cinematographer during an on-set incident last week.

Mr Trump has been sharing several Instagram photos and stories since Thursday’s tragic film set incident in New Mexico, where Mr Baldwin was filming Rust outside Santa Fe.

One of the latest stories showed a T-shirt with the words: “Guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people”. The Instagram story had a link to Mr Trump’s online website, where the T-shirt is being sold for $27.99 (£20.34).

Pure scum.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018

I'm still hopeful i'll see his broken body decorating the end of an Elephants tusk one of these days or hear he was dragged under by a Crocodile on one of his trips to Africa ...

That's if the Feds don't get them first over the Capitol Hill riots......

Shaadi

Feb 16, 2019
America is finished…….

What is he smoking?

Many years ago we rented a flat next door to a house full of evangelical Christians. One night they were having one of their barbecue/barbeque any non-believers events in the back garden of the house.

They were dancing around in robes of some sort at the same time as calling for God to help fortify them on the eve of their battle with the nonbelievers.

I slept with both eyes open that night. 😁

Nov 27, 2018
Its not easy being luminescent green ..

I love it when scientific/tech names are created purely to troll people. My favourite was and still is Lucent (Lucifer Enterprise) Technologies, who had server products named Inferno OS, Dis, Limbo, Charon, Styx among others. Bought out by Alcatel I think.

They used to have office space on Saint Stephen's Green - lots of very shiny grey marble and red/orange abstract paintings on the wall in reception, if I remember correctly. They really were classy.

9ff07800efd2936436a86f9c48490280.md.gif

Shaadi

Feb 16, 2019
Its not easy being luminescent green ..

Wow....

It's a racing certainly that Witch Doctors are providing a better service to their societies than these insaniacs.

I'd be guilty of wanting to rationalise such insane carry on as being cynical opportunism, especially with the position that woman occupies, but there are apparently too many millions of utter nutters in the USA at the moment to rationalise it all away.

It's a country that's barking, there's no low to which people that collectively crazy won't willingly sink.

What if.... Trump's Coup had been successful? Would people have been strung up, yes, would it have moved beyond taking revenge on Washington, probably.

The aftermath and copycatting in other countries could have made 9-11 look like a teddy bears picnic. 🤯

seanof

Nov 27, 2018
I love it when scientific/tech names are created purely to troll people. My favourite was and still is Lucent (Lucifer Enterprise) Technologies, who had server products named Inferno OS, Dis, Limbo, Charon, Styx among others. Bought out by Alcatel I think.

They used to have office space on Saint Stephen's Green - lots of very shiny grey marble and red/orange abstract paintings on the wall in reception, if I remember correctly. They really were classy.

9ff07800efd2936436a86f9c48490280.md.gif
Reminds me of an off-topic but true story from about 45 years ago. I know all the people involved.

It was the last day before Confirmation in the National School and the teacher had asked the boys to check with their mothers what name they would be taking. In principle, the children decided on the name but traditionally it was done in consultation with their mother.

This particular lad had an Italian father and Irish mother and had only recently moved back to Ireland from Italy. Antonio's English wasn't great. The teacher was checking with each boy in turn to ensure they had the name ready to tell the Bishop at the ceremony. This teacher had a tendency towards violence if provoked.

Antonio was panicking, gave his seat-mate a nudge and whispered "I forgot to ask my mother last night, what will I say?" His companion, a bit of a joker, replied "Tell him Lucifer". So he did, and got a good wallop for it. His mate helpfully interjected "No, no, Louis". Antonio did take the name Louis.

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
Apparently the strategy is to try to delay everything until the mid-terms in 2022, when the Republicans expect to take control of the house and senate again and disband the Select Committee. I hope to Christ that the sane Americans wake up and make sure that these dangerous individuals never get anywhere near power again. Is was only because Trump couldn’t organize a chimpanzee’s tea-party that the USA is not now a fascist country.

Top Bottom