• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

The random story thread

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member

Cruimh

Rhubarb fetishist and proud of it!
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
The case against Van Morrison is at an advanced stage.

His goose may be cooked.

Paul Tweed? Even the Chewbacca defence won't hold him off.

Van may have to fall back on the I'm no longer a Cranky old Bugger but have moved on to being unfit to plead mode

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
It's becoming very difficult to tell muppets apart these days.
It's good to see that Ted is still watching a series involving a 6 year old bird.

Sometimes the past is the safest place.

Mitsui2

Nov 30, 2018
Between Time and Timbuktu
Paul Tweed? Even the Chewbacca defence won't hold him off.

Van may have to fall back on the I'm no longer a Cranky old Bugger but have moved on to being unfit to plead mode
Personally I've always thought that I'm no longer a Cranky old Bugger was one of the better outtakes from Astral Weeks.

But then I suppose I hadn't really heard the lyrics.,

Derryman

Feb 17, 2019
Derry

midlander12

Dec 4, 2018
An easy mistake to make:

I am aware of a case where a couple got divorced, both remarried and divorced again, and then got back together in later life and decided to give it another go, only to discover that their initial divorce was not recognised here (something to do with 'domicile') and that they had technically been still married to each other all along. I suppose that's not quite in the same league though.

Nov 27, 2018
I am aware of a case where a couple got divorced, both remarried and divorced again, and then got back together in later life and decided to give it another go, only to discover that their initial divorce was not recognised here (something to do with 'domicile') and that they had technically been still married to each other all along. I suppose that's not quite in the same league though.
Jesus. If that were me I'd be looking at a refund on a lot of legal fees.

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com
This is such a mess

The CCRH then helped them find the California couple who had carried their daughter and had given birth to another healthy girl a week apart. The Cardinales' daughter was around four months old when they first met. After several meetings, the couples agreed to go through the legal process of formally exchanging the babies, which happened in January 2020.

"Instead of breastfeeding my own child, I breastfed and bonded with a child I was later forced to give away," Mrs Cardinale said at the news conference.

She added that the incident has been hardest for the couple's seven-year-old daughter, who has struggled to understand the swap.

"The horror of this situation cannot be understated," says the lawsuit.
Hopefully the parents of both girls will be able to bond with their own children

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
This seems a bit weird - a touch of Police State?

Terminally-ill retired university lecturer, 55, is arrested by SIX police officers in his garden - after baring his bottom at a speed camera because it was on his bucket list
  • Darrell Meekcom, 55, wrote up a bucket list after receiving a terminal diagnosis
  • He mooned at a mobile speed van, which was flagged as an 'indecent exposure'
  • Police came to his home and six officers wrestled him to the ground in an arrest
  • Mr Meekcom, who uses a wheelchair and zimmer frame, has contacted the IOPC

ast

Dec 15, 2018
Boogieland

What an amazing life
I did have the pleasure of sharing a bottle and more twice with a person in an isolated caban in the Western Highlands more then ten kilometers plus mountains from the next road, but accessible by boat. To my surprise he was still there on my second passage after some ten years, obviously well in his nineties.

It made me stop believing the tale prevalent at the time that older brains will perform less well.

Cruimh

Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Under the blue skies
www.xxx-rhubarb.com

For some reason the petition won't accept my phone number - which is a shame, but it is a petition worthy of support - seems phone is optional so worked when left blank

soccop

Pavlov rings my bell.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
Temporally dislocated.

T. Leaf

Nov 28, 2018
I did have the pleasure of sharing a bottle and more twice with a person in an isolated caban in the Western Highlands more then ten kilometers plus mountains from the next road, but accessible by boat. To my surprise he was still there on my second passage after some ten years, obviously well in his nineties.

It made me stop believing the tale prevalent at the time that older brains will perform less well.
Indeed. Is not George Bernard Shaw a case in point? Lucid and sharp to the end of his long life.

Shaadi

Feb 16, 2019

Well... Different situations are likely to give different results. If a person wasn't in good health they wouldn't still be out there living the Hermit life and no one would have taken note of those who had lived that life but had to give it up

Someone living an active life with plenty of truly fresh air and mostly wholesome food to eat is not likely to experience clogged arteries and pollutants ransacking their bodies + there's nothing quite like the Cabin Fever of a sedentary lifestyle to make you feel foggy in the brain department.

Reactions: ast

publicrealm

Nov 27, 2018
Thailand’s King Maha Vajiralongkorn has reportedly flown to Germany in what is believed to be his first trip abroad since pro-democracy protests escalated last year, breaking long-held taboos to call for reforms to the monarchy.

The German tabloid Bild reported that Vajiralongkorn arrived on Monday in Bavaria, where it said he and his entourage of 250 people and 30 royal poodles had booked an entire floor of the Hilton Munich airport hotel for 11 days.

30 Royal Poodles!

The despots despot - none of this 'caring for the planet' and charitable causes stuff.

Top Bottom