• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Village Magazine goes All-in with Leo Story

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member

This - to me, anyway - seems like a massive story. Rarely will a publication be so upfront in levelling an accusation of corruption. One would have to assume that they have a serious amount of evidence to back this up for the inevitable investigation and/or court case.

That said, this story has flown under the radar and isn't one I am at all aware of. Any IPOers have any inkling of what is going on here?

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Is this the ViraPro story?

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Is this the ViraPro story?
I don't know, that's the thing. I really haven't a clue. ViraPro would be a Department of Education issue, so can't see what relevance to the IMO.

But if there's no truth to it, this is a massive defamation case that'll finish Village Magazine. They must feel they have something here on which to bet the entire farm.

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
It won't be buried, either.

Yeah it’s trending on twitter now under #LeotheLeak. Has caught the attention of those waiting in the shadows for this moment.

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018

mac tíre

Nov 28, 2018
Contae An Dúin
(From the Wither SF thread)
They've now set a precedent in the north that'll have some other politicians and officials nervous.

Oops. I didn't see this one. But perhaps SF did.

Have SF tried to throw a spratt to catch a whale? I hope not as it would be a refreshing type of politics from SF.

Oh dear, Leo. You might have been out PRed?

Last edited:

Shaadi

Feb 16, 2019
Very interesting, will Leo wriggle out of whatever this is? His future and that of the Coalition will be at stake if there's meat to this story.

If it's a sacking matter then Mickey Martin is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he insists on Leo going, will the FG response ( Leo has made plenty of enemies in his own party) be to bring down the Govt or will the FG knives be plunged into Leo's back.

Meanwhile SF, the SD's, Paul Murphy and even Labour will be giving Leo a dose of his own medicine and FF will take a big hit if they let FG walk all over them over this. It would be a brave party ( not the Greens so) that would topple the Govt and go to the people in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Last edited:

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018

Vega1447

Feb 17, 2019
Why should an agreement between the Government/HSE and the IMO be confidential? (Not defending LV but curious.)

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Why should an agreement between the Government/HSE and the IMO be confidential? (Not defending LV but curious.)
It wasn’t final.

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
🔥🔥🔥

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
When they say its about people who get up early in the morning what they really mean is its about your career and background when it comes to if you are in the loop....

A 10c 'raise' recently for low paid workers many of whom are now deemed 'Essential' yet again.....

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018
Is this the same fella who was texting about this contract that RTE has on about the Covid 19 virus on a semi regular basis...?

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Last edited:

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Good summary thread here:

Derryman

Feb 17, 2019
Derry
Last edited:

ruserious

Dec 4, 2018
Mar 6, 2019
Is this an example of the "little things" that often bring down politicians, after getting away with worse? (Of course I am not suggesting any impropriety on Varadkar's part; I speak in general).

I am not convinced this will unseat Varadkar.
It depends on whether it gains "legs".

We are in the phoney war phase now where we must wait to see if this gains traction, to the point where even RTE and the Irish Times cannot ignore the story. In the era of social media can the traditional gatekeepers of permitted opinion hold the line again? If it ends up being discussed on Morning Ireland then Varadkar is in trouble.

Vega1447

Feb 17, 2019
Is this an example of the "little things" that often bring down politicians, after getting away with worse? (Of course I am not suggesting any impropriety on Varadkar's part; I speak in general).

We are in the phoney war phase now where we must wait to see if this gains traction, to the point where even RTE and the Irish Times cannot ignore the story. In the era of social media can the traditional gatekeepers of permitted opinion hold the line again? If it ends up being discussed on Morning Ireland then Varadkar is in trouble.
Even worse, if it is discussed on Joe Duffy!

To be serious, Paul Murphy is going to bring the matter up in the Dáil on Tuesday, hard not to report that.

Franzoni

Nov 28, 2018

Depends on how its presented to the public....unfortunately many seen to lose interest if its not a few to tickets a match or something else they can get their head around ....

hollandia

Literally knows shit
Staff member
Even worse, if it is discussed on Joe Duffy!

To be serious, Paul Murphy is going to bring the matter up in the Dáil on Tuesday, hard not to report that.
Well, there was an interesting discussion last weekend on the morning farming show about CAP reform, where a Green TD and a FF TD discussed the current EU discussions. And yet, Ming Flanagan, an actual Irish MEP who sits on that committee in Europe and is a shadow rapporteur for this topic was studiously ignored. I wouldn't be relying on RTE to voluntarily report this story.

Top Bottom