• New Home.

Hey all, just a little update.

We have moved servers and as a result, we are now under a new URL and a new name, we are now Irishpolitics.net. Please change your bookmarks and update how you get to this site.

Our new URL is

www.irishpolitics.net

The old URL will become obsolete over the coming week.

We will also be upgrading the site software to the latest version but this will be done over the coming weeks, once everyone is comfortable with the new URL.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Colm
  • Important Information regarding posting about Covid 19 Click Here

Village Magazine goes All-in with Leo Story

Nov 29, 2018

Gatsbygirl20

Dec 2, 2018
Perhaps Leo wasn't the story?
Well, in fairness, Leo was the Big Fish, what with being under Garda investigation and other juicy, lip-smacking stuff for his many enemies to salivate over.

So that had to be the focus. Being under Garda investigation is never a good look for a Tanaiste or erstwhile Taoiseach.

But all along I have been facinated by the minor protagonists in this story and their rather strange names--Chay Bowes, Maitiu O'Tuathaill, etc

Call me an old cynic , but when I see someone gunning for his enemies, I always suspect that the motive is not wholly disinterested, altruistic or patriotic. There is usually a personal element, a back story.

There are many stories here. But it depends on how the tale is told

People have short attention spans and need a neat, clear narrative with the potential to register Force Nine on the Joe Duffy Scale

Sex, fraud, anything to do with GAA tickets, Leo making a tit of himself, a politician getting caught red-handed, anything involving a billionaire and a private jet...All good. Hacking is good too, but you can't get too technical.

But anything with lots of dull detail which needs long-winded explanations tends to die on the vine.

Statsman

The nice one, or so it seemed.
Staff member
Nov 28, 2018
A quiet retirement home
Well, in fairness, Leo was the Big Fish, what with being under Garda investigation and other juicy, lip-smacking stuff for his many enemies to salivate over.

So that had to be the focus. Being under Garda investigation is never a good look for a Tanaiste or erstwhile Taoiseach.

But all along I have been facinated by the minor protagonists in this story and their rather strange names--Chay Bowes, Maitiu O'Tuathaill, etc

Call me an old cynic , but when I see someone gunning for his enemies, I always suspect that the motive is not wholly disinterested, altruistic or patriotic. There is usually a personal element, a back story.

There are many stories here. But it depends on how the tale is told

People have short attention spans and need a neat, clear narrative with the potential to register Force Nine on the Joe Duffy Scale

Sex, fraud, anything to do with GAA tickets, Leo making a tit of himself, a politician getting caught red-handed, anything involving a billionaire and a private jet...All good. Hacking is good too, but you can't get too technical.

But anything with lots of dull detail which needs long-winded explanations tends to die on the vine.
If someone broke a story about Leo using undue influence to get free Garth Brooks tickets, we'd have full-on hubris/nemesis.

Top Bottom